The reason for iOS 7 install issues

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Pagemakers, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Pagemakers macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

Why of why do Apple release the iOS at the same time worldwide. It just doesn't work.

It would be far more sensible to release it at 09:00 loal time in each country then at least their servers may have half a chance of working.

2. syd430 Guest

Because some people would find it unfair that some countries would get it earlier than others despite it being a digital download?

3. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I like your idea! I finally was able to update my iPad, which took about 5 hours. I'm very impatient, so the repeated attempts was making me a little :mad:

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

that wouldnt solve anything, since the servers will still get hit all day and night anyways.

5. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

Should have installed the GM :D

6. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

Is it unfair that Christmas happens in Australia before the UK or USA or is it's just a fact of life?

----------

I disagree. Hours after release and the installs are getting better. If they were staggered worldwide the problem probably wouldn't happen.

Sadly the UK press isn't full of iOS 7 itself but how millions of users couldn't download it and what a poor start to the new operating system.

7. syd430 Guest

Christmas is a fact of life. Deployment decisions made by a single company is not.

Having different release times also gives an unfair disadvantage to news sites and blogs that were waiting for iOS 7 to be officially released before publishing their review. It would of brought an influx of traffic to Asia-Pacific based sites.

8. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

Agree but iOS 7 was the worst kept secret in history. I know no more now then I did last week.