The reason I wanted an iPhone even before it was announced

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redrog, Nov 10, 2008.

1. redrog macrumors 6502

redrog

Sync with iTunes.

As a former iPod user all my music is organised in iTunes and really all I wanted was the ability to make phone calls on my iPod so that I didn't have to carry around 2 devices.

The iPhone, when it came out, went so much further with the features that I think a lot of people have forgotten the point about Apple making a phone.

There is no way I'll switch to a Blackberry or anything else as none of them use iTunes.

I think a lot of reviewers miss this as a key feature. There are a lot of people out there who want to upgrade their iPod rather than upgrade their Phone!

2. iblastoff macrumors 6502

actually i think having to use itunes is a huge hindrance. i have never seen a more buggier application for windows. its the only program on my pc that consistently crashes/freezes every single day. backups still take FOREVER to do and itunes as a music player is pretty piss poor in features compared to others like mediamonkey.

3. redrog thread starter macrumors 6502

redrog

Maybe, but it is very popular.

4. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

5. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Yes, and reviewers also fail to mention how crap the interface on EVERY other phone is! And how all other phone's with touch screens (i.e., the Samsung Omnia) have crappy touch screens that don't work (unless you use a stylus and push down on it with 5kg of force!).

Reviewers are stupid;)

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Same reason here. I've got a fairly large iTunes library, 4k photos, contacts, address book, mail account etc. What I like about the iPhone is that I just plug it in and everything is synced, and that any updates I make on the iPhone (or iPod) are then synced back.

Never liked transferring numbers and such across from phones in the past. I'd like the whole phone working fully from day 1.

7. garybUK Guest

garybUK

My Nokia N95 8GB syncs with iTunes, iPhoto, iCal, Address Book, Safari Bookmarks etc etc, automatically and over Bluetooth or USB :D

8. Elloise macrumors member

Someone should definitely invent this.

9. redrog thread starter macrumors 6502

redrog

Unless I am mistaken it only does as far as it wants to. Not all music, photos, video will sync.