The reason some bands are more comfortable than others

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Luba, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

I think the reason some bands are more comfortable than others is that they have 'give'. I've worn the Milanese, Sport, and Woven Nylon. The Milanese and Sport 'give' when I more my arm and wrist. It's a tiny amount, perhaps 0.1mm, maybe even less. The Sport being made out of a rubber like material stretches, while I am not exactly sure what's going with the Milanese, although I do know after a year of wearing it I now have to tighten it a few times a day. The Woven Nylon doesn't stretch or 'give' so it's uncomfortable . . . to me.

2. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I'm the opposite, to me, the woven nylons are light and comfortable. The sport rubber does not breathe, is clammy in my climate. Milanese feels okay but is metal and a little rough and grabby sometimes. The magnetics have to be worn tight as they loosen.

3. Luba, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016

Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

Where are you located? What's your climate, tropical humid? So I might need to use a different band come summer time.

I was surprised to see a tech writer for the Wall Street Journal wore the Milanese loose like a bracelet in a video she made for YouTube. When I had the Milanese I wore it snug. Sounds like I'll need to eventually buy that band again. I found the Milanese quite comfortable wearing it snug over my humid summers. I don't have it anymore as I sold my AW0 along with its Milanese.

4. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Hot TX, I just prefer the woven to all the others. Leather Loop is amazing design, as well as the Milanese. I have a higher quality Monoware nylon (textured like canvas) that is nice too but heavier/thicker than the Apple nylon.
    Sold all my Apple bands but the nylon.

5. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

This. Exactly. I'm in Phoenix and really don't like the way the sport bands feel. My wrist sweats under the band and it's just a big hunk of 'yuck'.

My favorites are the Apple nylon bands and the NATO bands from Clockwork much more comfortable.