the reason we all love apple..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hitman45400, Oct 21, 2008.

1. hitman45400 macrumors regular

so, i had ordered a refurb 2.4 macbook pro last night, and called apple today about shipping info, and the lady said some things, 'oh this is a big order, thank you etc' and basically gave me a $100 gift card to get anything in the store i wanted, so i get this really ballin' backpack for it.
    man, i love this company.

2. skymastr16 macrumors newbie

sounds like a great story =). What was the person's name you spoke to, when did you speak to them and why do you think they gave it to you? Was there something in the conversation that made her *click* into giving it to you? do tell!

3. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

i'm no sure of her name, but i was polite, friendly all that good stuff.
    she was American, that helped. and it was the department that handles shipping and whatnot..and basically she said it was a big order, we like it when people buy our products, here is a thank you gift.
    not only that but bummed it up to priority shipping!

4. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

What kind of info were you requesting? Wouldn't they just ask you to just call fedex for shipping inquiries?

5. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Great story, and not too unlike Apple!

I went into one of the local Apple stores because I needed to buy a Mini DisplayPort adapter. When I was checking out I started to (quite politely) complain about having to buy this for my Macbook, when previous purchases I had made came with adapters like this free (I cited my previous Powermac G5 and one of my older Powerbooks). They gave me the adapter for only $0.30 as opposed to $30.00!

I walked out happy, and more confident with my decision to buy my new MBP as opposed to something else (was considering Lenovo).

[​IMG]

6. tbae12 macrumors member

wow i wish i had known you could do that. that is amazing!

7. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

I was asking how to get my shipping info, tracking number etc.
    i wasn't aware of the order status page, and the lady let me know.

for anyone that cares, this is what i got with my gift;
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/TR926LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTQ3NjUyOQ&p=3&s=topSellers

i would've gotten an iPod but i already have 3, and i didn't need anything else, really.

8. seafurydriver macrumors member

Like Steve said today "we've got 25 billion in the bank and no debt", not to mention a highly profitable quarter/year and a strong product lineup. When you're winning you can afford to spend money on customer satisfaction AND improving your hardware and software.

I can't believe it took me so long to switch from V!$+@

9. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

I had a dell studio, with vista, for two weeks, then it died.
    thanks dell.
    that's why i'm getting a MBP, worth the money, not just a piece of crap.

EDIT!

how does the previos gen MBP do playing games like COD4 and counter strike source and crysys, etc?

10. Jatku macrumors member

Hey just as a word of caution, watch out cuz the straps on that thing may not be that strong. I bought a different model Hurley backpack, the strap partially ripped at the seam with a book, powerbook, and some notebooks. It still held, but since it was brand new, I got a replacement. The replacement ripped exactly the same way, so I got the tailor of the store (The Buckle) to just fix it and reinforce both sides.

11. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

12. Aniki macrumors regular

It can run crysis, counter-strike source, COD4, etc nicely, (for previous gen macbook pro)

13. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

with the graphics on medium, high?

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Depends which game you're referring to ;)

15. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

hmm, crysys i wouldn't expect to be on high, medium, cod4 high and same for css.

16. MacsBestFriend macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

ahh i got to try that when i buy my macbook! maybe i can bring up how older macbook models came with the mini-dvi port and remote at the store.... nice lil discount!:D:cool::p;)...:eek:
    :apple: FTW!