The reason why we will see both MB and MBP updates this month

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by, Feb 5, 2010.

  1. macrumors member

    Jan 15, 2010
    The history tells it. Three solid patterns for MB/MBP updates since 10/2006.

    Pattern #1: MBP got updated every 8 months. (10/2006, 06/2007, 02/2008, 10/2008, 06/2009) The next will be 02/2010!

    Pattern #2: MB got updated every holiday season. (11/2006, 11/2007, 10/2008, 10/2009)

    Pattern #3: Every MBP update came with MB update as well (or within a couple of weeks). (05/2007, 02/2008, 05/2009) The next MB update will be 02/2010 with MBP!

    So I'm 99.99 percent sure Apple will update both MB and MBP this month unless, well, they don't. :)
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core


    Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    Yeah, thanks for copy/pasting off the Buyer's Guide....I guess.
  3. DJ90 macrumors member

    Feb 2, 2010
    im hoping so too. this month this month this month!
  4. thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 15, 2010
    Anything wrong with some data analysis? The guide doesn't say there will be an imminent MB update though.
  5. FangBianMian macrumors member


    Jan 22, 2010
  6. LesQQmorePewPew macrumors member

    Nov 11, 2009
  7. MikeyJ57 macrumors member

    Dec 30, 2009
    Patterns aren't forever

    Patterns certainly do give an indication of what could happen, but by no means are they forever. If Apple has something else in mind that would be "bigger" than a refresh, they may decide to wait until June to announce. In other words, just because there's a pattern doesn't mean it has to continue forever.
  8. oliverb macrumors member

    Feb 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Better title for the thread might be "Reason why I think we will see...".

    Perhaps a good way to think about it is, are there any reasons why there wouldn't be an imminent update? (Time's arrow pointing one way, and next generation computers being an inevitable byproduct.)

    Distraction of iPad? Not likely - different market segment. Different volumes.

    Chinese New Year? Certainly will influence shipping, though might announce a little earlier.

    Graphics chip issue (for details google it - Gizmodo has reported on it; a fix from Nvidia is rumored to be released on Feb 9)? This could well delay things. Apple is determined to have the i5 chips, but with a better solution to graphics performance. I am not a chip expert, but I understand that they want to modify the typical architecture of the i5 arrangement.

    My guess is that they will co-announce with Nvidia next week, and ship after Chinese New Year, in late Feb, early Mar.

    Any other possible delay factors anyone can think of?
  9. marita macrumors newbie


    Jan 8, 2010
    Tampa, Florida
    I certainly would rather wait and have more cores, and better graphics capabilities.
  10. bananaboi macrumors member

    Feb 1, 2010
    Generally, they ship mbps immediately following the announcement. I have a strong feeling that MBPs will be available at Apple Stores starting next week.
  11. Puqq macrumors regular

    Oct 18, 2009
    There is a better way to predict the MBP release date.

    1. Take some flower petals
    2. Close your eyes and whisper "I believe in Jobs"
    3. Drop the petals on the floor
    4. Try reading the number. It is the date of the next MBP refresh.

    You can repeat with pebles to find the CPU speed and some people say, that apple seeds work fine for the memory.

    The message is: speculate as much as you want. All your speculations and ideas were actually taken to a much higher level in the Unofficial Waiting for the Arrandale thread. However, we can speculate as much as we want, but MBPs will be updated when Apple decides to.... Sad but true.

    P.S. I am personally waiting since late August :D 9400m is too slow for me and now 9400 is incompatible with i5s. This hopefully leads to better GPU (no crappy Intel IGP). There were countless rumours.. In my opinion, the update will come in February or 1st week of March. Most likely, they will change CPUs, GPU (for better or worse) and include larger HDDs. I am very critical about all those USB 3.0, Blu Ray rumours.
  12. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

    Jul 7, 2005
    The last MB update was FOUR months ago. And every MB update did not come with a MBP update. There won't be another update this soon.

    For the MB at least, I'm sure the MBP release is.... soon.. hopefully...
  13. vant macrumors 65816

    Jul 1, 2009
    Wow. Thanks for seriously figuring out what has been posted 50 times before in the past month, and creating a new thread to post your 'new' findings when it could have been easily posted in a current thread.
  14. oliverb macrumors member

    Feb 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    The last time I ordered a new one (4 years ago) it took a couple of weeks to get to me in the US.
  15. joecool99 Suspended


    Aug 20, 2008
    no way. there is not a shred of "official" leak, photos or anything indicating such.

    and historically apple has not released the ipad crap - that might have changed the historical order of HW release updates.

    MAYBE and again, MAYBE in March...

Share This Page