Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baseballbent

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Ok. So I had a jailbroken iPhone on 1.0.2, and I tried out all the apps avaliable including one app that allowed a user to write whatever they wished in the carrier logo space. Well i did so, however it didnt work. So i just let it be. Eventually, when I was fed up with the extremely slow response of the screen, I decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 therefore breaking it of all of its apps and making it non-jailbroken. However, when I looked at the iPhone carrier space after it restarted I saw my name "Ben" instead of "AT&T." I had put my name to be the carrier with the program app that didn't work when it was still jailbroken. So now I hav a non-jailbroken iPhone that says "Ben" as the carrier instead of "AT&T" :cool:

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
I think upgrading the firmware of a hacked iPhone is never a good idea. Just restore the iPhone first, upgrade the firmware, and re-hack it. Keeps things clean.

max1018

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2007
This happened to me when I restored the backup after restoring my phone. I think there is a setting in the iPhone which iTunes backs up, and it backs up the name as well before it restores. If you choose to restore the backup this file/setting gets replaced and you find yourself with your previous name.

It also saves the screen order, so after restoring to 1.1.3 from my previous 1.1.3 JB iPhone, all my icons were all over the home screen and blank spaces where there had been JB Apps.

You can fix this by simply creating a new phone when restroing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.