iPhone X The replaced iPhone X was defective too

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yunuzzz, Mar 22, 2018.

1. yunuzzz macrumors newbie

yunuzzz

Hey I'm Yunus Emre Bastabak from Turkey,

I'm a long time MacRumors follower but this is my first post.

I had a terrible service experience here in Turkey. My first iPhone X had back glass little seperated and display produces clicking noise. I've contacted with the service and they replaced my phone in 11 days with the new one. Everything was good here except service replacement time.

I activated the replaced one and opened the camera app, app was not working as expected. Camera is always shaky, i think stabilizer not working as expected. As you can see from here.

The second issue is the display uniformity, displays bottom area is too brighter.

I take it to the service again on the same day they replaced the phone They didn't replaced the newly one because they wont take it for repair unless they register the phone's IMEI and it could take up to 15 days. IMEI registiration is usually doesnt concern the user. It's not my concern. Now I'm using a faulty phone replaced by Apple.

*IMEI registiration is a Turkish procedure. Foreign phones should registered by the user and service replaced phone should register by Apple or another brand. And it takes up to 14 days for register.

No one is taking taking initiative here. Everyone is saying same thing " you should wait for the phone's imei registration by Apple & government". This is a unexpected & terrible service experience from Apple.

We are not only paying thousand dollar to a phone. We are paying for Apple's service, for software for whatever...

And and i think iPhone X was fail for Apple. I've seen too many replaced X's. Everyone has a different problems... The phone is absolutely beautiful, gesture based navigating is perfect, face id is perfect but quailty is not so Apple...

Sorry for my English

2. JPack, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018

JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

So your government requires 14 days to register a phone. Kind of long but not surprising given your region.

Sounds like the country doesn’t understand the importance of technology in today’s world.

3. yunuzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

yunuzzz

Yeah you’re right about that but apple gave me a brand new faulty phone and I have to wait for the apple to register phone for service. After the registration I’ll take the phone to the service then wait again for the replacement or repairing. This not so Apple-ish experience.

4. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

I agree, but Apple is handicapped by the laws in your country. I'm not sure what else can be said.

5. axantas macrumors regular

axantas

I don’t want to go into the turkish legislation, which is not Apples fault, but the shakiness of the video is definitely the stabilizing function of the video camera, so software. It is not a hardware thing.

6. yunuzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

yunuzzz

I do not think its software related. I’ve done everything. I did erase all settings and reset. Same thing with iTunes restore but no luck.

7. axantas macrumors regular

axantas

Tried to play around with the video resolution in settings?

What I see in your video is exactly, what I get if I try to stabilize a very shaky video in Adobe Premiere for example. > A wobbly video like yours.

8. yunuzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

yunuzzz

I agree with you. When I’m using the third party camera app like ProCam or instagram camera there is more wobbling. Also in video mode camera is not focusing :( what a luck...