The Replies vs. Views feature on the forum doesn't work properly

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by UngratefulNinja, Oct 13, 2009.

1. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Note in the screenshot below, the thread "Does having a lot of apps...." has 7 replies but only 1 view. That's not possible :confused: I have noticed that happening lately and just wondering what's going on or if anyone else has noticed it.

Attached Files:

2. celticpride678

I have been noticing this also. It is almost like the replies numbers are updated all the time, but the views are not updated as they happen.

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I believe that views are updated on a timer whereas the actual amount of replies are retrieved a lot easier since it's a fairly simple query. Or 1 person wrote all the replies... :D

4. UngratefulNinja thread starter macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Glad it's not just me :)

Oh the timer theory makes sense! Thanks for responding :)

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yes i believe that's right. i remember someone bringing this up a long time ago. but maybe we'll get an official word

6. joro macrumors 68020

joro

vBulletin allows you to set things, such as updating counters, on a delay to reduce server load during peak times when they are getting a lot of replies and views. I'm actually kind of suprised views are updated automatically instead of cycles like replies.