The Retina i5 Imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by newt44, Dec 31, 2014.

1. newt44 macrumors newbie

It took me several months to make this decision of buying the new imac 27 retina. Much like many of you on these boards I almost drove myself crazy with the research and seconding guessing of myself on this purchase. I have heard so much negative press on this board that it almost made me paranoid to even buy this imac. My wife was at a point of where she would say "just purchase this damn computer and get it over it with you are driving me crazy." I am not making that part up. Well I have to say after a week of using this beautiful machine I have to say I am glad I made the purchase. I went with the base model retina imac i5 that you can purchase at the apple store. I truly feel Apple made an incredible product that fits all of my needs. Besides everyday use for browsing, itunes, email, XBMC -Kodi, I use final cut pro for video editing (truly amateur). I have a Canon 70D that I purchased a couple years ago for video/pictures and this imac made these the pictures I took back then come to life. The display and the speed of even the base model has impressed me to where I have no regrets. I do not have any of the issues that are being promoted on this site such as the rebooting, loud fan noise or the computer being slow. I absolutely love this computer. If you're on the fence of getting this machine you will have no regrets. :)

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Glad to hear it, although I would have gone with the 256 GB SSD instead of Fusion.