The return of the "Start menu"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pika2000, Jun 9, 2010.

1. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Here's what I meant. With iOS4, you will be able to group apps into a folder. Then you can put a folder into the dock. So when you tap on the folder on the dock, it will open up a sub-screen, and you have a list of your apps. Sounds like the idea behind the Start menu, right? :D

I just find this funny, considering MS is moving to a completely new paradigm in WinPho7.

2. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Easy to make that assumption if you take a cynical, somewhat sideward glance at things.

But really? No.

3. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Umm, no, it sounds like a folder, the same thing that's been around since the first days of the GUI. Computers DID exist before 1995 y'know.

4. pika2000 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes, but the idea is for a folder that consistently sits on the screen regardless of what you're doing that allows you quick access to programs. It's the same concept if you put a folder of programs into the dock. Not saying it's a bad thing as I'm doing the same thing in OS X by putting a stack on the dock so I can have quick access to the programs I want without cluttering up the dock.

I'm not being cynical, just pointing out that you can duplicate the same concept.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod