The right iPod for me?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yourdream, Sep 10, 2009.

?

The right iPod for me?

1. iPod Touch Second Generation (8GB, 16GB, and 32GB)

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. iPod Touch Third Generation (32GB and 64GB)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. iPod Nano Fifth Generation (8GB and 16GB)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. iPod Classic Sixth Generation (160GB)

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. None. Don't buy any.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. yourdream macrumors regular

I am trying to decide which one of the new iPods should I buy. I'm really looking into holding more songs. (above 16GB) However, features are also important to me. I am really not sure what to buy. I already have a first generation iPod Touch and the fourth generation of the iPod Nano. I really don't know if the iPod Classic is right for me or not. I've heard there have been problems with them in the past, which has kept me away from them. Also, I probably won't play too many games on the iPod Touch because I have a PlayStation 3 Slim and need to finish my final year of high school.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well the space on the classic gives your room to expand but do you expect to extend your library 10 fold? If not an iPod touch would the next best choice.

Unless you can get a really good deal there is no reason to pop for a 2nd Gen iPod touch.

3. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

why exactly do you need a new iPod?

And game wise, I have a 360 and soon will be acquiring a ps3 but I still play games on the touch. The speaker adds to that in the 2nd Gen iPod touch. Its a mobile gaming device, very different from consoles.

If anything I still like the iPod touch the most of all iPods. I have 500gb on my computer, I keep my music there.

4. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

I would say the itouch 2nd gen. if you really want another.. although if you like taking videos that nano looks like a good choice now. I would have to say 2nd gen touch though unless you need the storage then go with 3rd gen.