Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
I've searched, MRoogled, Googled, and now I'm asking...

Is there a thread, page, site, whatever, that has a list of the Mac Models availalbe, price-points, and suggested uses?

I mean you don't want to suggest a mac mini for someone doing heave HD Video editing.

And you don't want to suggest a 13" Macbook Pro for someone doing Photoshop, InDesign, etc. editing of large photos and banners, etc.

So, I'm looking for what is most highly suggested for such professions and professionals to use for such jobs.

I have a lot of clients that love macs, but they all have different macs, and I believe some are not using the most appropriate, nor cost effective mac for the job.

Thanks,

Brian

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I think it's safe to say that for the vast majority of users, any current Mac model can easily handle their needs, with an appropriate amount of RAM and availability of needed ports. For those few who have high CPU/GPU demands such as gamers or high-end video editors, any current Mac other than the Mini or lower end notebooks should suffice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.