The right side of screen is much brighter than left side

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Elviram, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Elviram macrumors newbie

My iPhone 6 plus screen's right side is much brighter and colder that the left one. It's especially noticeable on white background. It is so distracting when I read books. Does anyone has the same issue?

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Posting a pic would help. If it's that noticeable, you shouldn't have problems getting it swapped at an Apple Store.

3. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

That's definitely not normal, no. The brightness and color balance on my 6 Plus is perfectly uniform across the screen, yours should be too.

4. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Take it to the Apple Store. Not normal at all.

5. dysamoria macrumors 6502a

dysamoria

What did the Apple Store do, Elviram?

I'm not sure what to do about my 6s with the same problem (bought on Sunday). It's not extreme but I'm a photographer and I see it very clearly. It bugs me. This is an expensive purchase.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I've had two 6s' and both have had uniformity issues. The first had the darker half on the left side and the one I have now is the opposite. The reason I ended up keeping it was it has a much cooler color temperature on BOTH sides than the last one had on its cooler side.

Things got really bad when I purchased an old iPhone 4 the other day and compared the screens. The difference in display quality between the two is unbelievable.

7. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

OP left Oct 1, 2014 and has not been back since. How is he going to answer your question ?

8. HEK Suspended

HEK

LMAO

9. dysamoria macrumors 6502a

dysamoria

Mystical forum magic?

I didn't look at his user profile.

10. viperGTS macrumors 68000

This issue is still alive and well in the 6s and 6s Plus. I've gone through 3 phones already, all with uneven tints.

11. dstedman macrumors member

Have you considered seeing a therapist? Seriously...it's not the phone that's the problem.

12. viperGTS macrumors 68000

You'd like to think you're funny and clever, but you're not.

Seriously, if I see an issue with the phone, who are you to tell me that it's not one?

I'll never understand the elitist attitude that a**holes like you carry around on this forum.