The right Sleeve for MBP 2012 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by e-dan, Sep 1, 2012.

1. e-dan macrumors newbie

Sep 1, 2012
    Hey everybody!

I recently bought a new MacbookPro 2012 15"
    I'm looking for a good sleeve to put it in.

I looked up this sleeve:

It looks pretty good and protective. Can anyone tell me if it will fit my macbook? Because the description says that it will fit up to 15 inch. But I know the Macbook is more than 15 inch.
    Can anyone confirm it?

And if you know other good sleeves (not too expensive thou), please share :)

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

Feb 16, 2012
    Might be a little loose fitting,

Case manufacturers have been really slow with getting retina accessories sorted out.
  3. e-dan thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 1, 2012
    I talked about a MBP 2012 Non retina :)
    Do you think it will fit?
  4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Jun 30, 2008
    From the product description:

So I would think so.
  5. loneranger76 macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2010
  6. cherishzm macrumors regular

Mar 13, 2011
    Grab a Incase sleeve for &9.99 available at Marshall or TJ Maxx. I just bought one today and it's awesome for the cost!
  7. jrs22 macrumors 6502

Aug 1, 2012
    The TJ Max near me had Incase sleeves specifically sized for the 15" MBP for $14.99. They were "fashion" sleeves that are made the same way as the regular sleeves but with "fashion" exteriors that they probably replace frequently. I used one for a week and it fit perfectly. They provide surface protection.

I only returned it because I wanted a sleeve with a strap. I went with a Waterfield at the other end of the price spectrum.
  8. e-dan thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 1, 2012
    the problem is that the macbook pro screen is 15.6. thats why i'm not sure it will fit.