The screen of the aluminum macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mrukus, Dec 6, 2008.

1. mrukus macrumors newbie

i just signed my life to uncle sam so he threw me a few bucks and i am in teh market for a new laptop. i am fed up with windows xp and the hungry vista. the macbook seems like a good buy. the pad i think i could get used to the only real complaint that i have heard of is that the screen is too glossy. so glossy in fact that its hard to see the screen in any amount of environmental light. i will be using it at my desk mostly but in class too. is it really that bad? so far its the only thing really stopping me because i could see how that could get really annoyin greally fast. thanks a bunch and i fi get one i will be around here for quite some time i suppose

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

The gloss is not at all that bad, if it was Apple wouldn't be selling them. Nobody is that much of an Apple fanboy to the point of just buying it even if the screen was unusable. You will get mixed reviews from others however the best advice given to you will be from your own eyes. Just go to your nearest store (Apple store if one is nearby) and take a look. The stores generally have bright lights so you can tilt the screen back and forth to see how much light it reflects.

3. goobimama macrumors regular

Here's a post surveying a bunch of MacBook users (and do look at the comments). It appears that while regular users are not affected by glossy, professionals are. I'd say using it in class or at home/office is fine. If you are a nature photographer however, God help you!

4. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

the glossiness (glare) of the screen is effectively offset by the brightness of the screen. it's very... very bright.

5. danvan21 macrumors regular

Im a student who uses it in bright classrooms and outside a lot and i havnt seen a big problem. The trackpad on the otherhand is theg reat invention, ever. I love it and could never go back to the old macbooks. I will not even use my brother macbook with out a usb mouse cause its so wierd for me.

6. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

in a classroom you will be fine!

7. danvan21 macrumors regular

" in the classroom and OUTSIDE a lot"

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

chill. don't listen to anybody except yourself. go to an apple store (keep in mind, the store is brightly lit) and look at the screen. tilt it forward, backward, look at it side-to-side, etc. if it stinks, then so be it. if it's fine to your eyes, then that's all that matters.