The search function...A wish?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by scooterguitar, Feb 21, 2011.

1. scooterguitar macrumors regular

New to the iPhone, but wish there was a way when you go to the search screen (way left) that when you enter a word, phrase, etc it provided you with everything you've searched or been in regards to that key word, etc.
    Make sense?
    It works for if I search rolling stones and itunes info pops up, but nothing from youtube, web, etc.
    It would be a nice feature to quickly find things, am I thinking right here?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The search function is for local data on the phone, not the internet. That's what Google Mobile is for.

3. himesh macrumors regular

If you go all the way left and search, when the results pop up, go all the way to the bottom and click search web, will search for what you just typed.

4. seajay96 macrumors 6502

So, what you really want is the full Spotlight functionality from OS X plus an awareness of previous google and youtube searches?

You don't ask for much, do you? Wish? More like a dream. My iMac isn't even that comprehensive.

5. scooterguitar thread starter macrumors regular

Well, all this was a wish long ago when we carried phones connected to bags at $8 a minute, so...