The search is over! Ultimate iPad 2 case- Xgear live

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dand1996, Mar 21, 2011.

1. dand1996 macrumors regular

So I have been searching this forum and google since iPad launch for my perfect case. There have only been a couple bootleg ones released so far.

I love my smartcover with the sleep wake feature and easy on and off but it doesn't cover the back. I contemplated skins or guards but the don provide any drop protection at all.

I randomly searched google tonight and found it... My perfect case. A very thin backing with a cut out to use the smart cover with. Here it is and it's supposed to be shipping in 10 days.

http://www.xgearlive.com/products/n...-for-apple-ipad-2-pre-order-available-3312011

Check the link for pics and a video

Dan
    @dpdesilva on Twitter for random Apple banter - follow me!:apple:

2. diacritic macrumors regular

3. dand1996 thread starter macrumors regular

Don't know for sure but watch the vid, it looks real thin

4. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

Sorry but I think it's junk. It clearly snaps/falls off when the the guy tries to flip it over in the demo. Looked promising though....

5. orlandocano macrumors regular

This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for... Anybody heard of this company before????

6. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I'd wait guys. I'm not too sure about this one.

There are bound to be more in the coming days.

7. the-insider macrumors newbie

wait I have hold the back cover so it won't fall off lol

8. Roadking macrumors 6502

I agree. It looks a little weak. Back cover popped off a little to easily.

9. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

wow that vid is classic why not just stop and reshoot at that point haha

10. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

exactly...i'll pass

11. jedolley macrumors 68000

At times it also looks like he's holding that side to the iPad with his finger. At about :45 -:50 seconds into the video when he's putting the smart cover into the typing stand it appears as if he is purposely holding that side to the iPad, or at least that is how it appeared to me.

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

Incipio told me they're working on a smart cover compatible version of the Feather. Email them to get on the notification list.

13. glen e macrumors 68030

I have 2 items from xgear...the ipad GEN 1 carbon folio and the CF back. Both are quality items. I have ordered the enhancer and will post pics here.

14. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

15. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

Im anxiously waiting for a case like this (from Marware or Incipio), but this one looks like it will be falling off all over the place. Glen let us know when you get yours...

16. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Now that I watched the video.. it seems like it doesn't want to stay on the iPad..or comes off easy.

17. dand1996 thread starter macrumors regular

Guys look up reviews on this company's other products online, all are quality. They aren't going to sell a case that just falls off. Your all being a bit too critical. Either it's just a poor video, or an early model of a yet unreleased product that didn't work correctly.

Either way, this is exactly what i want, at a good price, and available very soon. I'll post pics once it arrives ;)

Twitter @dpdesilva

18. dand1996 thread starter macrumors regular

I emailed into xgear and they responded within 2 hours, very impressive. I simply asked about the case's ability to stay on because in the video it just falls off...

Here is there's response. I feel comfortable having ordered the case and look forward to receiving it. I will update once it arrives.

"Dan,

We don't want to make it so tough to take it off. This will damage your iPad if it too hard, we have experience this with our macbook case in the past and people did not like it when it too hard to pull off.

There is enough tension on it to keep it from coming off but not easily fall off"

19. h00ligan macrumors 68030

20. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

So it's a foreign company....

21. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

Xgear is super sketchy.

They advertised a real carbon fiber case at $99.99 for a long time. Took preorders.

Recently, they say "error in our price, it's actually $299.99."

22. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the video doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the "enhancer" staying securely on the back. Can't wait for the first review of it. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

23. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

So is this thread.

24. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

Wondering if my eyes are deceiving me but in the first press photo (well I guess they are not press photos but they are up there for representation) is the case cracked on the speaker corner part or is it suppose to be like that?

I will probably not order one and also the green smart cover looks pretty bad imo.

25. joltaxt macrumors regular