"The server denies connections" - only on my mac!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NeverhadaPC, Feb 22, 2010.

1. NeverhadaPC macrumors 6502

NeverhadaPC

I have a MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.

There is a website I used to visit to read e-books for free. Then one day (nothing changed hardware or software-wise), I could no longer access that site from my computer. My friend came over - with his PC - and was able to access it from my network. Today, I just accessed the site from my wife's iMac G5 (same network), but I still cannot access it on my computer using ANY browser (Safari and Firefox). I cannot access the site from anyone's network either --- making me think my MBP is doing something weird.

I keep getting:
    "The server denies connections. The server might be too busy or might be disabled. Try again a bit later."

What do I need to reset or what did I do to cause this? How do I fix this?

2. zimbu1234 macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem, but no solution. Has anyone been able to help you with this?

I have this problem with clicker.com, about.com, among others.

3. bhansensfd macrumors member

I had a similar problem with my new MBP where I couldnt access a site from the Mac (Safari or Firefox) that I could from my PC. I updated my system software and my Safari software and was then able to access the site with either browser so I will say that updating the system software fixed the issue. Hope this helps.