the server is available on your computer. access the volumes and files locally mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by soundbase, Mar 15, 2010.

1. soundbase macrumors newbie

I am having a problem between a network I have created between my Macbook Pro with 10.6 and my Vista PC. Everything was working fine. But now when I try connect to my PC from my Mac I get the following error message:

the server "10.0.0.3" is available on your computer. access the volumes and files locally mac

I can access the Mac from the PC. So I am not too sure what is causing the problem.

Nothing has changed. I am trying to access the PC via SMB. I go to the connect to server menu and type smb://10.0.0.3 and it usually connects. All the shares are setup fine on the PC.

Anything else I can check?

2. pmoeser macrumors regular

Me too

I am periodically having machines on our network say the same message. We are trying to connect Macs to Macs though

It must be to do with a routing table in the Airport Extreme

3. darranm macrumors newbie

I had the same problem connecting two macs together, my problem had to do with the back to my mac setting turned on in mobile me. Basically when i would try an connect to my other computer it would try an do it over the internet resulting in the same error you have below. To fix this i simply turned of back to my mac an reconnected the network. :)