The Shack, Iphone sale this week.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by staka69, Dec 6, 2010.

1. staka69 macrumors member

I was happy with my 3G iphone, but saw that "The Shack" (Radio Shack) was running a sale this week. A 16GB iphone for $150 bucks, in addition to that I got $75 bucks for trading in my iphone.

So, $75 bucks for a new iphone.

I had to sign a new 2 year contract, but it's not like I was going anywhere so I have no problems with that.

I'm actually getting it shipped to my house in a few days and have to go back to the shack to activate it and give them my old one.

A simple factory restore will erase all of my info from my old phone right?

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Sweet deal!!

Yup, restore as new wipes everything out. Just make sure it doesn't sync automatic after the restore. I usually uncheck all auto syncing on Itunes before I restore as new.

3. MrMinor macrumors 6502

My wife had a 3G and we took advantage of this deal for her over the weekend. It is a great deal. I was expecting some sort of catch, but there was none.

4. sevimli macrumors 6502a

sevimli

Send me your old iphone, I'll pay you $80. :eek:

What is the point of giving you old iphone away for $75, better keep it as a backup.

5. MrMinor macrumors 6502

The point is if you don't need a backup and you don't want to spend $200 on a new phone.

6. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

Wait until you break or lose your phone and think you don't need a backup. But if it were me, and it is, I am selling my 3G on eBay. Can get anywhere from $125-200 for them, and more for the 3Gs's. Then when the i5 comes out, sell the i4 on eBay and make the upgrade again.

7. MrMinor macrumors 6502

My wife and I take care of our things. Sure an accident can happen, but in all our years of owning cell phones neither of us have lost or broken one so hanging onto one as a backup is a pretty big waste.

Sure we could have probably sold it on our own for more than what Radio Shack gave us, but this was easy one stop shopping and a guarantee that she would get what she was expecting instead of buying the new phone for $200 and then trying to sell the old one after the fact hoping to make more, but with no guarantee of that actually happening.