The Shift Key Locks After Update!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoneHome, Sep 27, 2007.

1. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

So im browsing the web, and I tried to access facebook. But it kept saying that my password was invalid... being that the first letter in my password is a capital letter I have always hit the shift key. Anyway...I realized that the shift key is permanently shifted after tapping it only once.

So Apple adds the quick "period", but makes us tap the shift again key to uncapitalized letters?? Seems backwards... Oh and we can still double tap it for auto CAPS...so whats the point?

UPDATE: THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN INPUTTING PASSWORDS...

2. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

its an option just turn it off.

3. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

Not quite.... the option is to double tap the shift key to turn it blue to function as caps lock. I experienced the same problem as the OP whereas i typed in my password like 5 times before i realized the flippin phone's shift key was stuck.... should we try removing the key and blasting it with a can of air???? :p

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I just double clicked on the shift key in SMS and got the shift lock :D

5. iPhoneHome thread starter macrumors 6502

It is not an option. Go to any website that needs a password input and tap shift once. the shift key will stay shifted. I can confirm that this was not in the previous firmware.

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Shift lock...
    ... meaning, "caps lock?"

That was already a feature prior to 1.1.1. :)

7. bentup macrumors member

I've got the same problem. It ISN'T the caps lock feature, where you tap twice to get a blue shift button. I've only seen it happen with passwords. Hit shift once (button still white), and it stays on (much like a caps lock) until you hit it again. Pretty inconvenient. :(

8. iPhoneHome thread starter macrumors 6502

can u people please read... i well aware of the CAPS lock before the new update. i am saying for the last time that when u hit the shift key only once while inputting a password it stays shifted. totally different from the double tap blue shifted caps lock

9. hh83917 macrumors 6502

Yes, I know what you are saying. Seems like Apple went backwards on this function. I noticed it right after the update this afternoon. I was inputting WPA2 password for my Airport Extreme and the shift key was very annoying. :(

10. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

Maybe you should have said that in post one, so we could have read it.

We can read it now.

signed,
    u people

11. iPhoneHome thread starter macrumors 6502

I believe i did...

12. sanford macrumors 65816

Yeah, but he's talking about tapping the shift key once in password fields and it caps lock, where as in other fields shift is next character only. This is probably a "feature" as passwords that are not case sensitive, it won't matter, and a lot of people tend to type their PASSWORDS in all caps.

13. lekun macrumors regular

It is a bug!

Yep, new bug in 1.1.1. The shift key stays on in password fields (not caps-lock). The keyboard is just plain laggy in safari. The iTunesWIFI was definitely not worth this.