The 'Should I Have Waited' Period

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamin., Feb 28, 2008.

1. jamin. macrumors regular

Well my new MBP is currently shipping.

I hate the dreaded shipping period because it gives me too much time to think.

Is it just me or do other people have thoughts about regrets? It is a lot of money for just a computer LOL. Yes I have been waiting for it for a long time and I need one but yeah. I guess I always have these thoughts when buying a big purchase. Also with rumors of the next update being in June, being a big one, I have been thinking, should I have waited? but this of course is pathetic, It is impossible to keep up, isn't it:p but I know I will love my new machine!

Am I the only one who has a mind like this?

P.S If I did keep my machine in perfect nict, I hear that people re-sell their MBP's when new ones come out? How do they sell them? Ebay?

2. bamaworks macrumors 6502

Ebay brings in top dollar, people also sell here on the macrumors marketplace. Macs get ridiculous resale value, so I wouldn't fret too much.

3. stevenfarrisohi macrumors newbie

I think we all doubt a major purchase after the transaction is complete. Especially, in a world of fast moving technology. I am sorry those alleged people that need a new laptop every six months suffer from gluttony and need to place their money into more philanthropic initiatives.:confused:

4. jamin. thread starter macrumors regular

Explain?

5. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

No, but anyone who is even remotely a realist understands that technology changes so rapidly that if we buy something today the likelihood of it being "obsolete" next week is very high. If you worry about staying on the cutting edge, you better have deep pockets.

You'll net the most on eBay, but you also have to deal with idiots and fees there. You can sell on the Marketplace here, which works very well, but you will only get a reasonable price for your goods, not the hyper-inflated prices the sheep are paying on eBay. Craigslist works well for some, but again, you have to filter out a lot of potential buyers, and you're dealing face-to-face, which can be risky under certain circumstances.

Get it, unbox it, turn it on, and enjoy. Fretting about what isn't going to happen is an exercise in futility.

MacDann