The silly things about iOS list.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Italianblend, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Italianblend, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

• I can adjust brightness in the multitask bar on my ipad….why not my iphone?
    • Forward-delete button, please apple. Please. It’s 2013.
    • Let me hide the newsstand icon please
    • Siri still beta? Come on – that was the 4S’ marketing ploy (October, 2011). Needs a serious upgrade.
    • Siri doesn't read e-mails or let you check voicemail??
    • Let me purchase an app from my phone without downloading it
    • Same basic design for years. Getting old. Refresh us.
    • Let me at least customize window colors, text bubble colors. This is 2013. It’s not going to kill your fantastic A8 chip.
    • More than three fonts for notes, please... (thatgirl87)
    • ability to choose font for messages, please...
    • My ipad can view homescreen in landscape mode...most games are landscape mode...why can't my iphone view icon screens in landscape? (xmaseve)

- will add to this list and give you credit if you add something...

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

The silly things about online forums list:

• Repetitive threads on same topic!

3. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

What does let me purchase an app from my phone without downloading it mean? How exactly would that work?

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Methinks the OP must complain about cars still just having four wheels. It's been 100 years with the same basic design. Four wheels, windshield, rubber tires, trunk, seats. Boooooring.

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

Little nit-picky things that I'm sure you'll live through. Siri will always be in beta as content is updated and improved. However, I DO agree with your last point, let me customize those colors already!

6. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Seems pretty clear to me, I imagine they mean allow you to purchase an app without having to download it right then.

The benefit I see of this is being able to get apps when you're not in a position to download because you're not on wifi say. Sometimes apps have special offer periods, but I've been unable to get them because you have to be able to download at the moment I want to buy it cos it's too big for data. You can't just say, buy it - I'll download it later when I'm on wifi.

7. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I will have to say that Siri having the Beta tag isn't really the worst thing in the world.

Didn't Gmail have the Beta tag on it for something like 5 years before it was finally "out of beta"?

8. thatgirl87 macrumors member

Two things Apple won't change that I want them to:
    Only 3 notes fonts (come on, at least give us 10)
    SMS timestamps every x amount of minutes (why not every message)

9. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

If you want to customize bubbles in sms, just jailbreak and use BiteSms. Jailbreaking will also take care of that pesky newsstand icon, as well as any other icons you don't want. Assistant Extensions will also improve Siri considerably.

10. maricc macrumors regular

A little thing that always bugged me is that when reminders came out in iOS 5, you could sweep to get to different lists of reminders. For some reason in iOS 6 they made it so that you have to navigate to a list and select which reminder list you want... Why? So annoying.

11. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Are you sure you are sweeping it correctly? I'm running iOS 6 and i can move from one list to another without hitting the list button in the top left corner.

Try doing it on the name of the reminder list

12. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Agree that I'm being nit-picky, and agree again that I'm not giving up my ios devices. The app store is just too good. But I really do honestly feel like in 2013 we should have at least some customization. Things that really won't kill the processor.

13. Big Byte macrumors regular

Thanks for this.

14. Razeus macrumors 601

Can't share the song you're listening to on FB/Twitter within the Music.app. HUGE oversight.

15. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

HUGE oversight? More like a minor inconvenience, if that..does everyone need to know what song you're listening to?

16. Razeus macrumors 601

:rolleyes:

Not everyone. Just my friends that share the same music interests.

17. xmaseve macrumors regular

For the iPhone, add not being able to use the home screen in landscape mode to the list. Same with the iTunes Store and App Store.

18. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Yes, the landscape thing is so annoying! Most games and apps have gone to landscape mode. The ipad allows us to hold icon screens in landscape mode! Why not the phone?

I swear, sometimes apple goes way way overboard on this "one handed" phone stuff. Give us an option.