The Sims 3 - 'Disc authorization error'

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by McClusky, Jun 7, 2009.

1. McClusky macrumors newbie

Having installed from disc successfully yesterday, and also then played without problem for 4 hours, this morning upon launch I'm getting a 'disc authorization error' stating that they cannot verify that it's a valid copy.

Having looked at their help section, the only thing I can think of is that CrossOver Games was conflicting with it (why now and not yesterday, goodness knows), and seeing as how I don't ever use it it has now been deleted from my MacBook. To no avail.

If it was the CrossOver causing the problem, is there anything else I need to do to eradicate it/change settings to sort the problem?

Many thanks if anyone's got any idea or solutions!

2. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

I had this error today aswell. A simple restart fixed the issue, but.. looks like its a bug

3. McClusky thread starter macrumors newbie

Aye, thanks for that. Restart didn't work for me, but launching the game without having the disc inserted and waiting for the 'Oi idiot, put the CD in' prompt did. EA support linked me to the same support advice that is linked above, which I had already read about and seems fairly PC/Sonic/Roxio-specific.

4. bahbahboobah macrumors newbie

I had that problem as well, I found that adding Sims 3 to the Firewall Exceptions worked. If not then they will probably fix that soon.