The Sims 3 Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Snrubsy, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Snrubsy macrumors newbie

I have a sims 3 PC pre ordered to use on bootcamp. I have just found out that the sims 3 pc date has been delayed to June 2nd, when the Sims 3 Mac will be released on the same date. I am a bit confused here. Should I go ahead with the Sims 3 PC to use on bootcamp, or cancel and pre order a Mac version. The only thing is that, for me custom content is important, and, after using The Sims 2 Mac, it is difficult to get the correct file type (zip) to download for custom content, whereas with the Pc version, I can install any custom content, via an installer like Q express, or the built in one that comes with the game (sims 2 pack installer). Please help, because I cannot decide for myself!

2. hailst0rm macrumors member

I would expect the release date for the Mac version to be pushed back as changes from the PC version would need time to be ported over. I guess it depends on who is doing the development work.

3. faintygirl macrumors newbie

The Mac and PC version of Sims 3 will be on the same disc, so you do not need to worry. :)

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit....43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

4. TallyWynn macrumors newbie

The Sims 3: cross-platform

Indeed, it looks as if both versions will be on one disc. If you look at the new artwork they are releasing, both the standard and collector's version now display the WIN/MAC logo in the corner.

http://www.info.ea.com/pics.asp?i=5825

5. icecold0913 macrumors member

But will the Mac version be a lame port with lower specs like The Sims 2 for Mac was? Hopefully not!

6. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Technically it won't be a port at all, but will be the Windows version running under Cider, like they did with Spore.

--Eric

7. Snrubsy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats Great!
    I was wondering about that, cos the game cover sys mac and pc dvd.
    Excellent