the sims 3 problems

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by zosela, Aug 10, 2009.

1. zosela macrumors newbie

hi,
    i have sims 3. and i dont know what to do. problem with update and conents instal. i'm playing on macbook. the game works good. but i cant update, game version 1.0.631... when i push update now button it says: "there is no patches available" what to do?
    and another problem is i cant instal any resource. i had resource.cfg file, i had made mods and packages folders. but when file is .sims3pack and it says : "You cannot use downloaded content with this version of The Sims™ 3 Launcher. Get the full version from the ‘Game Updates’ tab." so help me.

2. zosela thread starter macrumors newbie

3. tvp macrumors member

I had a similar issues and just did a clean reinstall of the game and everything worked itself out. Do you have the full version of the game? Or the download that was floating around on torrent websites before the game was released?

4. Ferris95 macrumors newbie

Weird Problem With Sims 3

Hey Guys!
    What Up?
    Anywayz, the reason Im here is because I have a weird problem that happens everytime I install Sims 3 on my new Macbook Pro! ;) It installs and starts up perfectly but when I come to the point where I begin to pick a town and a new game, it has no towns! Not even Sunset Valley :O Its really weird, all the options are there and the play button is there but no towns! :O So, Im hoping someone can help me! It'll be much appreciated! :D

Mac Lover :apple: