The Sims 3 Wont Work Since Upgrade to OSX Lion

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by J0hnsonBobby, Jul 27, 2011.

1. J0hnsonBobby macrumors newbie

Hi guys, The Sims 3 wont work since i upgraded to OSX Lion. I've done the updates and it keeps crashing when i try to launch the game. is anyone having the same problem? Please Help =]

2. doh123 macrumors 65816

from what I hear... everyone has that problems.

Some people get it working by going inside the app (right click and Show Package Contents) and running Contents/MacOS/cider_noui directly.. it launches through Terminal. Some people have reported this didn't work for them, but others have gotten it to work.

I do not have the game, but I'd suspect you could edit the Contents/Info.plist file and change the main executable from cider to cider_noui (or whatever its called) and the app would start working.

3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I've not had any problems?! I have however got the download version from Direct2drive.co.uk. I have infact bought World Adventures expansion since going to Lion and that too works fine (although its not worth £20 in my opinion).

4. J0hnsonBobby thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys for that, i got it working but when i try to build it freezes and i can't do anything unless i turn the mac off.

5. Taztang68 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, however the game used to play on this computer just fine. I use snowleopard though. Game will install, looks like it starts up, flashes the startupscreen, and crashhes