The Sims 3

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by monopolyex, Jul 1, 2010.

1. monopolyex macrumors newbie

i have the latest macbook (1 week old purchased from the apple store)
    and i was wondering if my mac would run the sims 3
    because it cant run the sims 2 (win7 ultimate) it just has a graphics card error
    so i was wondering if it will run it?
    thanks in advance!:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

It should run the Sims 3 fine under Mac OS X. The driver error under Windows 7 for Sims 2 is odd, but I cant see why the Sims 3 wouldnt work just fine under OS X

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

It works fine. Why didn't you just search and find this out for yourself? There are plenty of threads about it.

4. monopolyex thread starter macrumors newbie

sims 3 Leopard or win7

hello mac fans,
    i have the latest macbook and i have windows 7 ultimate running on it also on bootcamp
    and i was wondering what OS would the sims 3 run smoother on
    because id rather Snow leopard but if i have to id use windows 7 for the sims 3 if its smoother
    so whats the verdict? whats faster
    also a sub question: whats the page-up (and page-down) shortcut for mac keyboard so i can switch levels with my house easily
    thanks in advance!

5. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

If it's on the Macbook keyboard then there are no page up/page down keys, you'll have to reassign your shortcut keys, or get an external keyboard.

The Sims 3 will no doubt run better on Windows 7. It is playable on OS X, but Windows is renowned for it's better gaming ability.

6. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

Go with Windows. I used to have Sims 3 on my MacBook so that my sister could play it. I first had it on Win7 and thought it was going quite slow so I thought I'd install on OSX and see how it was. It was slower, by quite a bit.
    I heard EA just run it through an emulation program in order to play it on the Mac so it overall runs slower.

7. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Yeah that's probably true, just port it over rather than re-write it for OS X. That does make it much slower.