The Sims Complete Collection Resolution

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Slinkington, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Slinkington macrumors member

Slinkington

Hi,

I just bought the sims complete collection for my new iMac, I'm new to MAcs so sorry if this is a silly question.

I'm just wondering how to change the resolution of the game? On Windows XP you selected the resolution before the game started but not on the OS X version. I've looked in the preferences but it only lets me choose between full screen and windowed mode, the resolution change box is de-highlighted for some reason.

Anyone know how to change it? Thanks for any advice. :)

2. lucky3killer macrumors regular

Does The Sims Complete Collection work with Intel Mac under Rosetta? How well is this game?

I added this game to want list and wait til confirm if work on Intel or not.

3. Slinkington thread starter macrumors member

Slinkington

As far as I can tell it runs perfectly. When loading a new neighbourhood for the first time it configures the expansion packs a lot faster than what it did on the XP version I had, so in that respect I think it's better. However the small resolution is annoying me a bit, perfectly playable just wish I knew why the option to change it is not changeable...

4. charmed94 macrumors newbie

I know this topic is nearly 2 years old, but i would like to help still.

To solve this problem, i guess you just have to right click on the shortcut icon and add "-r(your desired resolution)" after the *.exe file directory, in the Target tab. For example:
    "C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\Sims.exe" -r1440x900