Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eckslusive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2002
Is there any way I can get The Sims (original) for Mac to work in OSX and not OS9?!

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Originally posted by Eckslusive
that doesn't solve the problem unfortunately :(

Why not? For me, I just had the Classic Sims version installed on my hard drive, then I downloaded that Sims Carbon app and put it in The Sims folder, and it worked fine in OS X. One thing you could check...in the Get Info window for The Sims Carbon, make sure there isn't a box checked that says "Open in the Classic Environment."

--Fred

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
but i already got that and i installed it and it still opens up in 9

:confused: :confused: :confused:

And you checked the Get Info window of the app to make sure it isn't set to "Open in the Classic Environment"? (Just select the app in the Finder and select "Get Info" from the file menu.) I would think that would be the problem if a Carbon app opens in Classic.

If you still have the Sims Carbon then make sure you looked at that...and if you don't have it anymore, and you didn't look at that, then get it again because that could be the problem.

--Fred

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
While we are talking about the Sims, does anyone know whether or not Sim City4 will be ported to the mac??? cause it is a great game!

aethier

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Originally posted by aethier
While we are talking about the Sims, does anyone know whether or not Sim City4 will be ported to the mac??? cause it is a great game!

aethier

Yeah, I think at first it wasn't going to be, but I heard that there will be a Mac version.

--Fred

Eckslusive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2002
OOOH I GOT IT
the problem was i didn't even have Sims Carbon installed! :rolleyes: I found it at the Aspyr site.
thanx anyways.
btw, the link he gave me was the update. not the carbon download site.
thanks anyways.

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
OOOH I GOT IT
the problem was i didn't even have Sims Carbon installed! :rolleyes: I found it at the Aspyr site.
thanx anyways.
btw, the link he gave me was the update. not the carbon download site.
thanks anyways.

Ohhh alright, sorry, I thought that was for the whole Sims Carbon program...well I'm glad you got your problem fixed.

--Fred

Kyle

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2002
On the subject of The Sims, I have a disc that I used to use on my PC. I have to purchase another CD with the Mac version? If so, that's rediculous.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Of course you must purchase a Mac Version. The PC version uses a different language to opperate. The Language for the Mac version is smaller more intutive, and the Mac Version of The Sims has a couple of more features. When shopping for it look for a normal "Sims" box with a little starfish on the front with the words ASPYR next to it. ASPYR is the Marketer for Many Mac games ported from Wintel.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.