The Siri Threat

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by estockme, Oct 7, 2011.

1. estockme macrumors regular

I think apple should be up front about how much of the battle programming still remains... but no matter what it is in the dna so we should all be wary, especially once there are a couple million siris walking around and talking to each other in the cloud. How do we know when the thing is listening to us in the first place? i know it is crazy to think the phone could do that kind of stuff, even asleep, but apple should come out and just say it for the record that siri won't listen to us unless we press the siri button. I know i sound like a birther but if its not listening then it should be no big deal to come out and say it, right?

Even non-battle things... like what if someone uses recreational drugs or is cheating on their spouse? Could the Siris gossip or tattle to each other and get people in trouble? It's like the frog in the pot of water...

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

OMG, I was going to create the same thread. Thank you.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The physical action of pushing the button turns the microphone on.

Or using the earbuds that come with it.

In any case there has to be some kind of physical input to get Siri started.

I just hope she knows when to shut up !

Bada Boom !

Thank you. I do 3 shows tonight and remember the drunker you get the better my jokes are

:p

4. dazzycx macrumors newbie

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Omg what about the Kinect watching other people too omg

6. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Why think about this now? There is a ton of stuff in your house with a microphone that could potentially be recording.

7. 2010RS macrumors 6502

the ability to remotely activate the microphone in your phone and listen in has been around for years. you're late to the tin hat party.

8. pyro008 macrumors 6502

Tinfoil hats are actually a conspiracy by the government to allow them to read your mind more easily.

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Because your battery would be dead in an hour. If it is, let us know ;)