The site's security certificate is not trusted!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ZestyOne, Jan 3, 2011.

1. ZestyOne macrumors member

ZestyOne

I just started getting this out of the blue...

ive ran apple software update, nothing

ive ensured that the date/time of my computer is accurate for the certificate verification (its right down to the minute. its also set to autoupdate)

I dont have any odd versions of chrome or anything like that. In fact, it doesnt matter what browser it is (google notifier, as well as OSX mail give errors as well)

The only thing thats different is im on the wireless network at an internet cafe but it never gave this error before. i dont have any network that i can connect to besides this one to test that idea until i go home

any ideas?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Which website are you visiting?

I would have at a guess that it's something to do with the Internet Cafe's WiFi.

3. ZestyOne thread starter macrumors member

ZestyOne

Gmail so far, but like i said it also is giving me issues with my rackspace email which is email.mailsrvr.com

now it wont let me connect at all to yahoo mail, hotmail, or any kind of server it appears with https, it gives me a timeout

friggen weird. i cant imagine this is my computer, but its hard to believe a network could cause this too, ive never seen that

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

If it's a public hotspot, they might be blocking traffic on port 443. I've run across a few instances where public hotspots restrict certain types of traffic. (FTP, SSH, etc.)

If you've never experienced it before, it might be a new policy for that location.