Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustCrusin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
Hello Everyone,

First of all I'd like to say thanks for such a great resource of information. I'm new here and everyones advice has been priceless.

Now on to my question...what skin should I be considering for my Ipad 2? All of them seem to have pros and cons based on some reviews I've read.

I'm picky and I know I'll go crazy if the skin isn't crystal clear and free from bubbles. Maybe I'm asking for too much.

Thoughts? Zagg, Best Skin Ever, SkinIt, Stealth Armor?

Maybe I'm over thinking this.

Thanks!

Justin

Pete the Geek

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011
Sioux Lookout
You're not over thinking it. The skins are expensive and they can radically change the look of your device - for better or worse.

I ordered a couple of GellaSkins. The GellaSkins sticker I have on my iPod Touch 4G gets a lot of attention and has protected it perfectly from daily pocket carry (in a Sena leather slip case) and from frequent use by kids in classrooms. It is made of some kind of lightly textured vinyl. The texture is only visible up close in strong light.

My concern with iPad skins is aesthetic. It it is so much bigger that an intricate design could make it look gaudy or busy. I also have to get something that is appropriate for schools, so no nudes, guns, skulls, flags, etc (which eliminates a surprising chunk of GellaSkins artwork). Eventually I plan to use my own artwork to make a custom sticker but that option is not available for iPad 2 yet on the website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.