The SL 10.6.7 disk won't work for XP?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by daynel, Jun 18, 2012.

1. daynel macrumors member

Hey all,

So I successfully managed to install Windows XP on my Mac. And with what ive read, I was told that as long as I have an SL disk I would be able to circumvent the current restrictions of Lion machines installing anything by Win7.

But when I pop in my SL disk, which is for 10.6.7 (thats written on the disk), I get alerted that "Bootcamp 4 cant install on a non win 7 machine"

what gives? I can't use sound, wifi, multitouch, yet...

I then tried downloading bootcamp 3.2, which led me to 3.1, and now, I can't find 3 to download/install.

Any tips? I thought Id be in the clear considering I have an SL disk

Thanks in advance

2. daynel thread starter macrumors member

And while I have your attention, I can't for the life of me figure out how to use VirtualBox to be able to run Windows in its own mac window. All the tutorials and guides online have shown me how to install windows with virtual box, and then use it on the mac side.. but i already have windows installed on its own partition

Again, Thank you!!

3. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

There will be a load of messing to get Virtual Box to recognise the Boot Camp Partition. Parallels or VMWare support this functionality out of the box.

4. daynel thread starter macrumors member

I ended up just getting vmware, and it all works now: sound, ports, internet, etc. and i have it in its own window