The Smoking Chef 2

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leekohler, May 12, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OK, I posted this and the first episode in the private forums and got lots of good responses/feedback. This is a cooking show a friend of mine and I started recently. It's rough and lo-fi, but fun. The next episode will be much improved with better sound and camera work (I finally got a tripod :)), so I know about those issues. What I want to hear about is content. Do you guys like the show and the characters? Most everyone who's seen it has really liked the show. I hope you guys do too. This is my first time behind the camera (I've always been in front of it), and I'm learning a lot very quickly.

So...enjoy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isLV2Cfnxfw

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Think I've said it before about this but I like it because the whole thing isn't too serious and precise. As someone who is rather challenged in the culinary arts, I like it when a person can be easygoing about cooking because it makes it less intimidating. :eek: I made myself some baked macaroni giant shells and cheese yesterday as inspired by this video. Yum!

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I should see if my friend can make another Barnabus. :)

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Nice second episode. It was really well paced, and the music was a nice touch. :) Gabe seemed very comfortable, too. The directions were pretty easy to follow, and he did a nice job of explaining the ingredients and technique.

Also the fake fog was a nice touch. :p

6. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That's what happens when you play hot tub in the crock pot. :)

And thanks! Glad you liked it.

7. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

That was pretty funny. I also think I gained about a pound just watching it. :)

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Thanks! Looks like we'll be shooting a new one next weekend. It should be equally funny and somewhat better technically. :)