The SNEAK PEAK 4.0

JReynolds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Where the Air Force sends me
As most know here on the forums that Apple is giving a "sneak peak" of iPhone 4.0.

I'm not a developer or anything special in the Apple world, so my question is whether I'll get to SEE the sneak peak or if Apple will go all 007 super secret on my average user a$$...?

What do you think? Will the peek be made public or will all you "special folk" be signing papers and handing over cell phones...

Yay for 4.0 :D :apple:

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
there could be a keynote like usual or somebody on the inside will post stuff no doubt about it:D
any way they have to give us sum assurance or people will get board. With all the other cell platforms doing all the stuff we cant they have to do something

BovaM3someday

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
ok please dont rip me apart for asking this but....

will i be able to get 4.0 on my 3G? Sorry for the dumb question, I am not a techie like most people on here and am pretty basic when it comes to this stuff... you guys can laugh all you want at me i wont be offended

JReynolds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
ok please dont rip me apart for asking this but....

will i be able to get 4.0 on my 3G? Sorry for the dumb question, I am not a techie like most people on here and am pretty basic when it comes to this stuff... you guys can laugh all you want at me i wont be offended
I'd assume so. I THINK (not sure) you can get 3.1.3 on the original iPhone from 2007 so with that said I vote YES.

JReynolds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
there could be a keynote like usual or somebody on the inside will post stuff no doubt about it:D
any way they have to give us sum assurance or people will get board. With all the other cell platforms doing all the stuff we cant they have to do something
Somebody is always sneaky thankfully. I wonder how often that is set up on purpose...?

I completely agree about the other cell phones. Apple has to tease us a little or even die hards like myself may start looking into other options this summer when my contract ends.

Go big Apple :apple:

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
My question is will they preview a new iPhone as well as showing off the new OS?

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
I haven't read one word about the media getting an invite.
From macrumors home page :D
Gizmodo reports that Apple has sent out media invitations for a preview event scheduled for this Thursday, April 8th, to show off iPhone OS 4.0. The event is scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM Pacific Time in the Town Hall on Apple's Cupertino, California campus.
What would be the point in a publicity event with no publicity?

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
My question is will they preview a new iPhone as well as showing off the new OS?
That will happen in June. It typically happens no more than a month before it is released.

I haven't read one word about the media getting an invite.
Are you serious? It says right in the first line, media invitations.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/04/05/iphone-os-4-0-preview-event-scheduled-for-this-thursday/

Gizmodo reports that Apple has sent out media invitations for a preview event scheduled for this Thursday, April 8th, to show off iPhone OS 4.0. The event is scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM Pacific Time in the Town Hall on Apple's Cupertino, California campus.

Reports of iPhone OS 4.0 features began to surface in January ahead of the iPad media event, but the software was not included in that presentation. At the time, claims of new multi-touch gesture support, multitasking, and a user interface refresh were making the rounds. Multitasking has been the focus of a number of subsequent reports, with a recent one noting that iPhone OS 4.0 will carry an implementation similar to that of Exposé in Mac OS X. Other rumored features include a unified inbox for multiple email accounts and the ability to place contacts directly on the home screen.

Evidence of iPhone OS 4.0 in testing appeared late last year, and the new operating system is presumed to be introduced alongside new iPhone hardware sometime in the June-July timeframe.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
They'll announce their plan and stuff and flaunt it a bit. Just expect to see being able to run more than one thing at once, which seems to be the most likely to come from 4.0, as other things too.

-nick

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
This already went public, there will be a keynote like with iPhone OS 3.0 and 2.0 which will be available for anyone, they can't go 007 when they invite so many developers and it goes to the homepage of several website like MacRumors or engadget

Relznuk

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2009
UT, USA
As most know here on the forums that Apple is giving a "sneak peak" of iPhone 4.0.

I'm not a developer or anything special in the Apple world, so my question is whether I'll get to SEE the sneak peak or if Apple will go all 007 super secret on my average user a$$...?

What do you think? Will the peek be made public or will all you "special folk" be signing papers and handing over cell phones...

Yay for 4.0 :D :apple:
They'll post a keynote on their "Apple Keynotes" podcast in the iTunes store. Also, there will certainly be (authorized or otherwise) live-bloggers from Engadget, Your Mac Life, or others streaming video or text from the event.

courtney.bella

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2009
texas
I'd assume so. I THINK (not sure) you can get 3.1.3 on the original iPhone from 2007 so with that said I vote YES.
I have 3.1.3 on my original iPhone, so yes, I'd think that at least the 3G will get 4.0. Hopefully, so will my original. Or, at least some of the stuff. :D

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
That will happen in June. It typically happens no more than a month before it is released.
That was before apple was having any serious competition.
The latest comscores are showing android making advances but apple is stagnant/losing ground.

Android based phones are being released at a faster schedule, if apple continues to sit on their hands and not say anything about a new iPhone they will continue to lose market share.

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
That was before apple was having any serious competition.
The latest comscores are showing android making advances but apple is stagnant/losing ground.
http://ftp1.net/img/comscore.png

Android based phones are being released at a faster schedule, if apple continues to sit on their hands and not say anything about a new iPhone they will continue to lose market share.
I don't believe that Apple is worried about that. They will not let other companies force their hand, and will release new hardware when they are ready to.