the Speck PixelSkin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sn0wleopard, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Sn0wleopard macrumors newbie

Feb 23, 2009
    Ah, after eyeing this one from my monitor for a few months now I found it for eight bucks sitting in Marshalls. It is most definitely the best silicone iPhone case ever made. I know it's been out for about a year already but after using it for a solid couple weeks, it's perfect. It holds it well, no dust-collecting and an awesome feel with all those cool squares on the back. Feels real comfortable. Now, I'm waiting for the downsides (Because every case has one or two+, Slider scratches the bezzle, iFrogz collects a ****-ton of dust and lint). Anyone want to give me any minus' to the PixelSkin before it makes itself aware on it's own?

I have the Marshmallow White
  2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Sep 24, 2007
    I find it too bulky and kind of ugly. Never understood why people liked that case but it's cheap so....
  3. kicko macrumors 65816

Aug 26, 2008
  4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Apr 16, 2009
    Downsidwe: Its made by Speck?
    Im not a fan of the construction of their cases. They seem flimsy to me. And that candyshell almost broke my phone getting it out of it. I know it gets easier over time, but as Ive tried many of Speck's line-up, I've got to say I'm not impressed with them as a whole.

I will admit, I liked the feel of the PixelSkin, but my girlfriend said it was too ugly for my nice iPhone. I wanted the marshmallow. :( Oh well.
  5. Sn0wleopard thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 23, 2009
    Agreed. Speck has a terrible line-up. But; the PixelSkin is their best product and probably the best silicone iPhone case made thus far. I like the design.
  6. Bloake macrumors 6502

Dec 2, 2008
    I have the white one and I've had it for a month. I love it!! I'm very clumsy and the added grip allows me to prevent much slippage of my phone. I actually have dropped my phone on the sidewalk accidentally so many times and the case has protected my phone!
  7. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2008
    I believe the Pixelskin is one of the most underrated cases out there IMO. You really have to try it out and put it on your iPhone. It's a well rounded case!