The standby leaves a lot to be desired...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by blow45, Apr 8, 2011.

1. blow45 macrumors 68000

it's worse than my pbook 12 when it goes into deep sleep,and we are talking about an ssd here. Of course it has much better standby than anything before but does that mean it should take half a minute to wake it up after one hour of deep sens cable sleep....?

disappointed by apple here, they 've some work to do.

2. BENJMNS macrumors 6502

BENJMNS

maybe you need to work on yours because this is not the norm. both my 11 and 13 ultimates work great.

3. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

not much I can do there really, trust me I am a cs guy, of course I am all ears but I don't think it's me now, it's the power management, it's not yet that well implemented, trim is not there too, but that's another issue.

4. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

5. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Both our 11and 13" work great!

Return yours, can't be working right..

6. bcaslis macrumors 68020

A half a minute, like 30 seconds? I don't care what kind of major you are something is wrong. It takes about 4 or 5 seconds maximum to wake from deep sleep.

7. ecib macrumors regular

ecib

You need to return you device or get it looked at. MBAs wake from that state almost instantaneously.

8. DAMAC3 macrumors regular

I got an 11" refurb. It functions perfectly except for coming out of standby sometimes like the original poster mentioned. And actually sometimes it has shutdown at some point while on standby and has to be started up again. I assume this is because it is a refurb, although I have never had trouble with an Apple refurb before. I guess I'll have to take it to an Apple Store.

9. KPOM macrumors G5

From deep sleep, it should restore within a few seconds. Try seeing if touching the touchpad works (no need to press it, just tap it). If not, have it looked at, since it isn't acting normally.

10. gimmi80 macrumors member

Same here.
    When in deep sleep it takes 15-20 seconds to wake up.
    MBA 11'

11. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

I probably should I guess, but it's the second air they send me already...:(

12. aristobrat macrumors G4

Tried resetting the PRAM? People's boot times have gone from 1+ min back to 15 seconds after that, not sure if it helps with sleep.

Mine wakes immediately from sleep always, although the mouse may take ~5 additional seconds to function after a deep sleep (1+ hours asleep).

13. firewood macrumors 604

My MBA 11 boots up from complete shutdown in less than 30 seconds.

14. Stingray454 macrumors 6502a

15 here. Much less from deep sleep.

15. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Instant from light and within three to five seconds from deep sleep... And about 15 seconds from startup max...

I agree with the others, as your MBA has a problem!

16. rrl macrumors 6502

rrl

Either you've installed some bad software, or yours isn't working right, or both. All sleep/standby modes wakeup immediately on my 11" ultimate.

17. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

genius bar time. i had one with the same issue at work and we sent it right back...

18. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ι ll get it looked at boys, it's just that I 've just had it for a few weeks, because my previous one was a lemon and apple was nice enough to had it replaced after the mobo failed (they changed it at first) and then the trackpad started going beserk, and then the ssd started going berserk, and I told them enough is enough, I ll go for a new one...

...but from what I am reading I got to get it looked at.

Oh, another thing, when it goes into sleep due to lack of battery power, and I then turn it back on and stick the cable in, it takes much longer than my pbook 12 to wake up... and that's when it takes the longest to wake up.