the start up "bong" is gone!!

tooshaggy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
SoCal
My 'puter makes zero sound at start up. I used disk utility and my HD verified and permissions repaired OK. Disk Warrior rebuilt the directory, disk utility re-verified everything ok. (my computer info is listed below-- OS 10.4.10)

What is wrong, or should I worry??:confused:

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Is your speaker volume all the way down or on mute? :confused:

Just a thought...
no, it will do that no mater what you speaker volume is, by defalt anyway, IDK what the problem is, I'm assuming you've tried your speakers once logged in and they work, right?

maccompaq

macrumors 65816
Mar 6, 2007
My 'puter makes zero sound at start up. I used disk utility and my HD verified and permissions repaired OK. Disk Warrior rebuilt the directory, disk utility re-verified everything ok. (my computer info is listed below-- OS 10.4.10)

What is wrong, or should I worry??:confused:
My Mac sometimes Bongs at startup, sometimes it doesn't. I just have not worried about it since it works fine.

DrBunsenHoneyde

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
no, it will do that no mater what you speaker volume is, by defalt anyway, IDK what the problem is, I'm assuming you've tried your speakers once logged in and they work, right?
you may find that startup sound is based on ur last audio config, if u muted it wont be on if it was low well that doesnt matter actually it will still be loud, just mute and unmute :) or headphones hehe