Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Recently I’ve done some research for a good clipboard manager. Prerequisite was that the app runs on both iOS and MacOS. I thought I'd share my experience.

Copied
I had high hopes for this app, as it is recommended on a few websites and on paper it has great specs.

Alas, the iOS version is very buggy and sloppy: when you select dark mode, some clippings become unreadable. And when you switch back to normal mode some clippings remain unreadable. The counter for the number of clips is often wrong. Furthermore, after adding some clips, deleting a clip makes the app crash. It also has a special keyboard but that crashes too. I reinstalled the app a few times, but it keeps crashing. I emailed the developer several times but got no reaction, which gives me no good feeling. All in all I can’t recommend this app.

Paste 2
Has a very nice MacOS app with great functionality.
There is no iOS version yet, but a beta just came out.
From what I’ve seen from the MacOS trial, Paste 2 is very promising. I enlisted for the iOS beta.

CloudClip
A free app with versions for both iOS and MacOS. And no ads!
It supports text and hyperlinks but no images.
However, this is my favourite app now, as it turned out to be very reliable and it has good cloud sync between iOS and MacOS.

Klipboard
This one also looks good on paper, but the iOS version is buggy. The app isn’t mentioned anymore on the developer’s website (though it was first released in Januari 2017). A email I sent to the developer wasn’t answered, no good sign.

So while I was prepared to get a paid app, I ended up with a free app :)

If anyone else knows another alternative, please share.

ksmith80209

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Good list — thanks. I'm using Copied myself, but I'll keep an eye out for the new version of Paste.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.