The Status of the Internet...

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
786
0
Oakland
So this page appears to be completely devoted to finding out the current operational status of the internet. Not sure if the authors realize that simply viewing the site means the internet is indeed up...one word: wacky

Worth a look :D
 

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
17,267
1,172
JDOG_ said:
Not sure if the authors realize that simply viewing the site means the internet is indeed up...one word: wacky
The fact that they call it "teh intarweb" suggests that they're in on the joke.
 

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
1,438
0
Kingston-Upon-Thames
It made me chuckle, but the sad thing is some people do genuinely make this kind of mistake - like our IT department, who emailed everyone to let them know that email wasn't working :rolleyes:
 

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
1,209
4,044
PDX
mad jew said:
If we all start posting here a lot more, do you think we could crash the internet? Keep that page open as an indicator.
You certainly do your part...

A shining beacon.
 

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
17,267
1,172
mad jew said:
If we all start posting here a lot more, do you think we could crash the internet? Keep that page open as an indicator.
If it hasn't come crashing down due to your efforts so far, I think we're safe. ;)
 

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
27,400
12,410
That's beautiful. I'm going to send it to my staff and tell them to check that before they contact me with a problem. Might make some of them actually think before sending an inane email.
 

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
1,801
1
Kernow said:
It made me chuckle, but the sad thing is some people do genuinely make this kind of mistake - like our IT department, who emailed everyone to let them know that email wasn't working :rolleyes:
I've gotten that a few times myself.
 

iGary

Guest
May 26, 2004
19,583
1
Randy's House
rdowns said:
That's beautiful. I'm going to send it to my staff and tell them to check that before they contact me with a problem. Might make some of them actually think before sending an inane email.
OT - I think I got junk mail from your company today. :rolleyes: