The Stuck Until "July 4-6" Without An iPhone 4 Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nlensander, Jun 15, 2010.

1. nlensander macrumors member

I am in the boat, cant get out, ordered minutes after they changed it to Ships: July 2nd.

Who else is waiting?

2. CaucasionInvasn macrumors member

3. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Sadly yes. I had an iPhone sitting in my cart but decided to pass. I want the white 32gb, and I'll wait to get one.

4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yeah, same here, and I'm not happy.

I had tried at various times throughout the day.

How could they have sold out when the AT&T system prevented people from ordering most of the day??? It's hard for me to believe. They probably decided pre-orders were causing too much trouble or something.

We could only hope ours surprised us and shipped on time.

I don't know what to do otherwise. Plus, we probably can't walk into a store on June 24 and try since we placed this order, unless the AT&T system doesn't know about this order and we could then go home and cancel this one.

5. nlensander thread starter macrumors member

i actually did that for the 3g and waited 22 hours and was first in line, but i figured might as well preorder =)

I have been trying to preorder all day, but when i came back to try again, it had just become july 2nd

6. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I'm waiting for the white. honestly it is no big deal. I highly dislike the black. And I understand that something has come up and made the white one delayed. I would like Apple to step forward and explain the situation but I doubt that will happen. Just have to wait for something to leak...

7. nlensander thread starter macrumors member

me too :confused:

8. nlensander thread starter macrumors member

i was actually gonna get the white too, but since i couldnt preorder it, i needed the iphone, ive been using my motorola razr for 6 months since my iphone 3g had fell in the ocean, im ready for the iphone :D

9. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Wow I didn't even know that they changes it to July 2nd. Good thing I was finally able to get my order in while it still said the 24th after trying for about 5 hours today.

10. Seraphx17 macrumors member

I am hoping that those who pre-ordered right after they changed (including me) might have a good chance of getting it on time, or maybe a couple days after. Because if they are out of all of the phones that they plan on having by the 24th (whatever that specific number was), I'm sure that production between now and the 24th will increase to make more phones. Those extra phones will go to the backordered people, and the people who just missed the mark will be first in their line.

At least that's what I hope ;)

11. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Did you pre-order through AT&T?

I got through at Apple, it said my phone would be shipped to me June 24th. Just to be sure, I went back and checked my order status and it stated the same thing.

About a hour later I got the conformation from Apple saying once again, it will be shipped June 24th.

This was after AT&T stated that iPhones were now on backorder.

Apple still had them available =)

12. nlensander thread starter macrumors member

works for me :D

13. nlensander thread starter macrumors member

it has ships july 2nd now, i orderd from apple after trying all day

14. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

15. nlensander thread starter macrumors member

try it again, i think its pretty stable now, just be patient with the loading screen

16. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

My upgrade dates not until July, my network wont let me upgrade early so I stuck waiting it out like the rest of you, at least when they do let me upgrade we should be seeing the white edition available and the launch week hype will have died down I just hope that its not a two to three week waiting list by the time I can upgrade.

17. TehReaper macrumors regular

that date is for people who pre-order from now on. Everybody else who ordered earlier will get it the 24th.

18. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

haha go for it

i sold my 3GS a month ago. Im using a friends old 2G.... it will last many until the white is available

19. nlensander thread starter macrumors member

niceee

20. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Ahh ok I just saw that. Geez there was a very small window of opportunity there. AT&T said they were back ordered and Apple still allowed June 24th shipments for about a couple hours. Yet it was near impossible because of the errors.