iPad The sweetest iPad 'upgrade' of all time

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KhunJay, Oct 7, 2013.

1. KhunJay macrumors 6502

KhunJay

Going directly from an iPad 0 to an iPad 5....this is gonna be epic.

I know it will be worth the wait.

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Cool. Should be a major upgrade for you. Glad to hear of your excitement. :cool:

3. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

You lucky focker..... :D

That IS quite the upgrade though, no doubts ;)

4. mizzouxc macrumors member

I might upgrade my Etch - A - Sketch to a new iPad 5 when they're released!!!

5. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Hmmm might look like this:

[​IMG]

6. L T macrumors 6502

L T

If they haven't made an iPad app etch-a - sketch app to work with this case then they have missed out on a big opportunity!

7. mizzouxc macrumors member

Yes, that made my day!

8. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

Whoa, thats my upgrade too

9. lousada macrumors newbie

I also never had an ipad and I'm really tempted to grab a 5 when it launches but, between my laptop and phone, I just don't think I'll have a real use for it. :eek:

Maybe I'll just buy one and try it out for a month or so, then I'll give it to my mom for Christmas if I don't find a use for it.:D

10. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

makes me think that my consideration of upgrading my iPad 4 to be a spoilt rotten consideration.
    Even though it's money i've earnt, i think ive got to start learning to say 'no' to getting new toys for myself lol

skipping the 5S and logic x are the start of this victory

----------

youll be surprised how often i reach for my ipad over my macbook now (got the same 15" mbp)

11. sarakn macrumors 6502a

sarakn

I felt that way, too about not needed an ipad and decided I only need something for books and got a kindle.

The only reason I decided I needed an ipad was I thought it'll be easier to have something in the kitchen while I create/develop recipes - I love baking. I kept hinting at everyone for an ipad and finally got one - a 16GB ipad 2. Within a couple weeks, the kindle became a dust collector and all my books went into the ipad - also a whole bunch of cookbooks.

Then the games started - dumb games like restaurant story, bakery story, farm story, you name it. These damned games have taken over my life and when I wake up at 3AM, the first thing I think to do it collect money from my stores, bake something, plant something... damn, I play these games AT WORK!

But I digress.

Buy the iPad and in a few days you'll wonder how you've gone this long without one. For me, I'm hoping a 256GB iPad is released because I don't know if 128GB will be enough anymore. :eek:

12. Macalway macrumors 68020

13. sarakn macrumors 6502a

sarakn

14. srkmish macrumors regular

srkmish

15. SamuraiMinis macrumors member

I'm going from an iPad 0 to the 5 as well ! ! ! ! !

16. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

how do you think im gonna feel....im going from a 3GS to a 5S!

17. KhunJay, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013

KhunJay thread starter macrumors 6502

KhunJay

I never really felt the need for an iPad and Ive seen it go from an idea to a pretty fine tuned product that can handle a ******** of stuff.

But if Im being honest I plan to use it for one main activity...reading.

Surfing and working I do on my laptop, dont play games or like to Facebook/tweet at all. Movies I like to watch on a big screen.

I have a kindle that is great for reading but the damn thing feels ancient and is a monotone device. I like the idea of subscribing to magazines as it will be cheaper and the new screens should make books and mags look better.

Those are my (pretty thin) reasons for wanting to own one.

Are there any things you never thought you'd do on an ipad but then ended up doing after you started using one...that is one area i cannot discount.

18. Atrin1 macrumors regular

same for me! no ipad to new ipad mini 2! HOPEFULLY!

I did buy a nexus 7 and i absolutely DIS-LIKE it. Buggy, slow, the touch screen isn't as smooth as apple's.

CAN'T WAIT!

19. srkmish macrumors regular

srkmish

Agree 100%. A laptop is good for surfing/movies. However a tablet is the perfect device for reading comics/magazines/illustrated pdfs.

I just hope ipad 5 comes with the form factor of a mini giving us dual benefits of lightweightedness plus big screen

20. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

@Kunjay surfing I do almost exclusively on the iPad - it's just so much more convenient to sit with it on my map and the scrolling and zooming to specific screen areas is intuitive and works really well. I'm happy to watch movies on the iPad and it's much more convenient on a train or a plane. Ifi want to watch in the tv I use Apple TV for the big screen experience. After I got my ipad1 I gave my MacBook to my daughter, I do have a minds desk top though.

21. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Nope.

I went from no iPad to a Mini with cellular. I got it for cheaper than what folks paid for a new Mini without cellular.

I got the greatest upgrade of all time to date! :D

22. Ursadorable macrumors 6502

Ursadorable

So you're upgrading from one of the original Macintosh computers then? ;)

People would joke "How do you clear the screen on a Macintosh? Hold it upside down and shake it." I haven't heard that joke in decades.