Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Apple recently updated the App Store and iTunes store for the iPad to include a new swipe interface.

Featured apps and songs can now be explored by swiping, instead of pressing arrow buttons.

This change may prove to be significant in regards to folders.

Astetichally, these new swipe sections of the store look very similar to a folder when open, which is may prove to be important.

If people intuitively know to swipe these sections left and right to reveal more, they will also know to swipe folders left and right to reveal more.

Now I'm not guaranteeing that folders will get expanded like this, but if it were to happen, it would be a very easy to understand transition and would be consistent throughout the os, something that Apple is very keen on.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Weii forget folder, I'll perfectly happy if Apple just add (2 fingers) swiping for forwarding and backwarding in Safari just like OSX.

NMF

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2011
Unlimited folders would make me very very happy. Only jailbreak thing that I miss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.