The Switch!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cms2, Jan 19, 2008.

1. cms2 macrumors 6502

cms2

I've seen so many people complaining on this site, and after reading a thread, "Things I hate about macs" I thought I would post something positive: I just switched about six months ago to my first Mac ever. I bought a MBP SR Glossy 2.2 Ghz C2D w/ 2 GB SDRAM. I love this thing. I can't believe I used windows for so long. At first there were many things I had to get used to, but a month into my new laptop and it's a mutual-love relationship! I thought I would post this, and ask others to post things they love about their macs! Especially Newbies like me but really anybody using (and loving) Macs. :apple:

2. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

i just used the family PC for about 10 mins and as soon as i got back onto my mac i fell in love with it all over again. i was with Microsoft for about 10 years and i dont really know how i managed it.

3. Catch macrumors 6502

Welcome to the world of Macs my friend :).

I love the Mac platform also. I am not totally against the Windows platform though in terms of usability. I do however love the TCO that the platform brings with it. Allows me to spend money on the hardware instead of support!

You will find more limited hardware options here, but every single product is well designed and thought out.

Nice to see a positive post!

Regards,

C

4. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Good for you and am glad to see you enjoying your machine.

5. cms2 thread starter macrumors 6502

cms2

I'm not against the windows platform at all. I just know that for me, I'm glad there was this option out here. Definitely suits my needs, and really just lives up to what I expect from such an investment. It really does just work. The computer has finally gotten out of my way, which is all I ask. Oh... what is the "TCO"?

6. Catch macrumors 6502

Sorry my fault... Total cost of ownership. Including the cost to 'support' as well as purchase a platform. Very important if you are in a corporate environment with lots of computers.

Regards,

C