The SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by skittles90623, Aug 26, 2011.

1. skittles90623 macrumors regular

The SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel

So I got the SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel the other day... All in all, a pretty good hybrid. The silicon is not sticky at all like the cheap rubber ones, and it's a pretty good fit in and of itself. The plastic shell has a pretty interesting design, and gives the case a pretty good look. The precision of the power button, volume button, etc. is precise.

The case does feel and look a little cheaper than how it's pictured on their website, but I can let that slide because of the extra goodies they throw in. Two screen protectors and three dock adaptors/stands that allow the phone to charge without having to take the case off. Can't beat that.

All in all, I would have to say this case really has the customer in mind. Again, the only problem I had was with the sort of cheap look and feel, but honestly, I think it's because of the color I chose. I think blue and lime would be on the same boat, but EVERY other color should look pretty good.

Attached Files:

2. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

You should change the title to "Mini Review", being that's what it is. The title is a tad bit misleading, it could mean a question, a statement, or anything else. :)

3. vietalogy macrumors 6502

Had mine since release and works great with seidio active holster.

4. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

I have a black one on my white iP4. Sometimes I wish I had gotten the white, but its a wonderful case regardless. Oh, and its actually not silicon. It's more of a TPU.

5. punisher1-1 macrumors member

The white one looks really nice but the soft part stains really bad and turns into a brownish color in a matter of weeks.

6. Adriana-white macrumors newbie

My white SwitchEasy case works great, also looks pretty awesome. :D

7. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

I was always curious about that. Thanks for the heads up. I also liked the dark blue and dark green. My lil sis has the purple one on her white iP4 and she's pretty fond of it.

8. skittles90623 thread starter macrumors regular

yeaah, again, i think the dark blue looks good on picture, but not when you get it in person. Like, the orange looks pretty bad compared to the pic.

9. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Do you have the blue too? I kind of like the way it looks. Especially with a white phone.

10. skittles90623 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have the blue, but that's what i imagine. like, you know, the orange looks real nice on the website, but when i got it, the orange looked real cheap. it's not a rich orange(?) if you know what i mean. there are colors like white and black which would look good no matter what. i mean, they'd have to try hard to get black to come off as cheap.

11. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

I suppose. I've seen one youtube video with the blue one, and it was more of an electric blue than the dark royal that they have on the site. But that's just one video, subject to the lighting conditions and camera of its uploader, so who knows. I've seen a few of the orange and none of them were flattering, so I know what you mean. My sister's purple one though looks pretty much like the one on the site though. And on the dark green - from what I've seen on fuzzy youtube vids - the softer layer doesn't look nearly as good as the hard one.

Either way, I like the feel of the case a lot more than other designs I've encountered. Its not that saggy, sticky silicone you get on otterboxes. And it really does protect the phone from drops.