The thin clock font

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gadget123, Jul 4, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

As you know from my previous posts I switched to Android (big regret) but one thing I hated about using this phone is the thin font..I have to look twice to glance at the time on my phone rather than once.

I would guess those using IOS6 have discovered this too?

Also headaches..Android gives me that and I have also heard IOS7 gives this. IOS7 because of the whites and Android due to the lagginess and unresponsiveness of the keypad.

2. Sonnestah macrumors regular

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Not that I am a fan of iOS7 (hope it gets fixed) but this is a rambling, confusing post.

I am guessing as to what the poster is trying to say besides he regrets buying an android phone

:confused:

4. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes I thought it would be better than upcoming IOS7 but I was proven even a high end Android phone was naff.

5. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

6. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I set the font to be bold in accessibility, and did not change the lock screen fonts:mad: how hard would it be to allow us to make it bold, bad enough the calendar icon font is so thin, I thought at least I could change the lock screen and yes sadly it's not even close to the readability of the old font on the lock screen.

You know great for those of you that can see perfect, count your blessings, but one thing that drew me to iPhone was all the text was nice and bold on nice gray backgrounds most of the time.

It's beta so I have hope still, but apple will be surprised just how many people have issues with thin fonts, might be age group related.

On a side note the bold font did help in other areas without a doubt, just wonder how many people will find that setting.

7. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well hopefully they will fix it.

Where is the font bold elsewhere is it texts or icons?

8. betabeta macrumors 6502a

Certain places are left out, but it's beta...but I know the text becomes bold in most system settings, the icons inside the apps, mail, texts, it's so helpful... but I would like it even bolder to replicate ios6, but it is close and without it I would hate using ios 7...now I can see myself staying since I am doing better with the bold, I tried making text larger and it's just a little ugly, so I'm sticking with just bold.

If anyone wants to know, its under settings, general, accessibility...LOVE IT, makes me think Apple will do more to make it better for us that need better readability and usability above just style.