The thing that drives me nuts about my Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by someone28624, Aug 28, 2008.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

Why did they move the ear bud plug to the bottom? I liked it on the top like my other iPod! It drives me nuts there.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

It's a matter of preference. I personally hate my iPhone's headphone jack because it's on the top.

3. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

why not store it upside down when not using the screen?

4. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

What I hate is having to go Home, then into Settings to change settings for the assorted media players.

5. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Because it's when I'm using the screen that it drives me insane.

6. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

same here, one of the reasons why my last headphone got busted. accidentally yanked it on something it needs to be moved back to the top..

7. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

I like it on the bottom, it gets in the way when I'm using it if it's on the top, and I like having it in my pocket upside down so I'm happy the way it is lol

8. swano macrumors member

Could be worse... we could be stuck using a Zoon

9. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I like mine at the bottom, that way I don't have to keep pushing the cord out of the way when I use it.

10. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I prefer it on the bottom, and in my opinion, the next iPhone really should move the headphone jack. This is because if you keep it in your pocket upside down, the speaker points upwards, and when you take it out of your pocket, it is the right way up in your hand.

11. longwood macrumors regular

on previous iPods i used to wrap the headphone cord around the iPod and still be able to see the screen and scroll through the music. out of habit i'm doing this with the Touch as well but it doesn't work out so well. any ideas on how to keep the headphone cord untangled and still with the iPod? are there are cases where you can wrap the cord on the back of the iPod?

12. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

I think Belkin makes some sort of accessory that allows you to tie the headphone cord around it, and you just need to pull the cord to extend it, and pull again to retract it. I don't know if it was Belkin, but it was some sort of big accessory manufacturer.