iPod touch The thing that drives me nuts about my Touch

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
Why did they move the ear bud plug to the bottom? I liked it on the top like my other iPod! It drives me nuts there.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
What I hate is having to go Home, then into Settings to change settings for the assorted media players.

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
same here, one of the reasons why my last headphone got busted. accidentally yanked it on something it needs to be moved back to the top..

therealmrbob

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
I like it on the bottom, it gets in the way when I'm using it if it's on the top, and I like having it in my pocket upside down so I'm happy the way it is lol

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
I like mine at the bottom, that way I don't have to keep pushing the cord out of the way when I use it.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
I prefer it on the bottom, and in my opinion, the next iPhone really should move the headphone jack. This is because if you keep it in your pocket upside down, the speaker points upwards, and when you take it out of your pocket, it is the right way up in your hand.

longwood

macrumors regular
May 10, 2005
on previous iPods i used to wrap the headphone cord around the iPod and still be able to see the screen and scroll through the music. out of habit i'm doing this with the Touch as well but it doesn't work out so well. any ideas on how to keep the headphone cord untangled and still with the iPod? are there are cases where you can wrap the cord on the back of the iPod?

ChristopheJD

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
on previous iPods i used to wrap the headphone cord around the iPod and still be able to see the screen and scroll through the music. out of habit i'm doing this with the Touch as well but it doesn't work out so well. any ideas on how to keep the headphone cord untangled and still with the iPod? are there are cases where you can wrap the cord on the back of the iPod?
I think Belkin makes some sort of accessory that allows you to tie the headphone cord around it, and you just need to pull the cord to extend it, and pull again to retract it. I don't know if it was Belkin, but it was some sort of big accessory manufacturer.