The time is 07:08:09...help?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cabernal, Dec 7, 2009.

1. cabernal macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm new here and looking forward to help and get help, so we'll see how this goes.

Lately my mac's been having a timekeeping problem i think.

The time on the top right clock is correct and up to date all the time, no problem there.
    However, when i check:
    -last played times for songs on itunes
    -last opened times for files
    -time displayed on the screen saver

the time is always 07:08:09 (the dates are correct though) i'm sure this should be an easy fix but i have no idea where to go

thanks a lot

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

i dont think this is really a big deal, but if it really annoys you, you can try the following.

assuming you are running snow leopard, insert the snow leopard disk and install to macintosh hd. this is an upgrade, so it will just upgrade snow leopard to snow leopard, but downgrade the updates such as mac os x 10.6.2. so just run software update when ur done, but this should fix it as it over writes everything. or if ur running leopard or tiger, then u can just go buy an upgrade disk for this reason, and for the fact that youll have the lastest and greatest operating system. good luck!

3. cabernal thread starter macrumors newbie

like you said no big deal at all, it's just annoying

I'm running Leopard, so after reading your post I decided to mess around with the time format in International Preferences, hoping i would find something.

After messing the format a couple times the issue got magically fixed!! :D

It's kinda sad not to know what was really messing it up but oh well.

Thanks for your help pcs_are_junk!