The Top 50 iPhone Applications(3rd Party)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Four20, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Seemed like a kind of hastily thrown together list to me... I mean, it's kind of strange for a lot of apps that appeal to smaller groups of people to make the top 50 and none of the ringtone apps (particularly the amazing one from Jamendo) makes the list. I don't think any of the iFlickr type of apps were on the list either, of which there are several excellent ones.

I did see one or two I'd like to try, though. I don't have the app that lets you hide icons. That sounds like something that would be useful.

And of course a few I have, like fring.

3. Four20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Four20

sorry i wanted it to be as generic as possible. since there isn't much use for iflickr(and the other flickr apps) for iPod Touch owners. . .

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I'm going to be honest. Those are nice apps, but that list is in horrible order.

iPhysics as #1.....?

5. Four20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Four20

what can i say. . .it's one of the most searched keywords on the site(it's less than it used to be, but still a popular app)

6. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Fring should be 1 not 2.. i love it, does my MSN and will soon do my skype when i make an account later on today.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So when you say this article is attracting quite a bit of attention, you mean from yourself, being also the author, correct? ;)

If you wrote an article and you want to post it, why not just be honest and say you wrote it? :rolleyes:

8. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

9. Four20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Four20

I never denied that i wrote it. If you look at the 'about' page. you see my handle(Four20) as well as a link to my Digg/Twitter profiles. . .i mean my profile links to the same website(i am shy but not in this way)

when i say it's attracting attention i mean it's been linked to quite a few times(it even got over 100 diggs on Digg.com). and most of the response has been positive.

my top 50 list is not your top 50 list. . .this list is 'based' on the 2000-3000 people that voted and rated the applications at the website. . .you can see a broken down(by categories) 'best of' list here. . .

http://www.InstallerApps.com/best

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

You didn't exactly go "here's a list i've made, what do you think" ;)

What about http://www.appsafari.com/- a web page devoted to iPhone and iPod Touch apps?

11. Four20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Four20

that website only does web apps. . .my website only does native, 3rd party apps

12. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

What the deuce? Fring is #2? It's prerelease...if you get the bugs, it's a nuisance (like the bluetooth not available bug that doesn't go away with uninstall).

TTR's only #11? Shame.

13. Four20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Four20

i based that on the attention fring has received. . .compared to ttr

your list is bound to be different than my list. with the amount of applications out, this list was a great way to highlight a enough well developed applications